Hey, Baby Boomers: giving e-gifts to your family and friends using GiftYa means giving gifts easily. And, instantly. And, personally.
It means giving gifts with just a tap – transferring money from your debit card to recipients’ cards, to be used exclusively at the stores and restaurants that you know they love. And, accompanied by personalized photos, videos, and/or text messages that you create.
If you ever shop anywhere on-line…if you ever use any phonea pps…if it’s important to you to let people know you care…IMO you’re going to like GiftYa. IMO, you’re going to like it a lot.
I say all of this as a Baby Boomer myself. My kids might like to give me some grief about technology, but it’s really not 100% accurate. Baby Boomers actually are big technology users – a little secret: we were the first iPhone users! -- and our rate of technology adoption is accelerating.
So, just like other Boomers, I use a smartphone. I use a tablet computer. I use social media. That’s not a big deal.
And, just like other Boomers, I use this technology to help me to stay connected with my kids; my brother, sister, and cousins; and my friends. That IS a big deal.
If you use a smartphone; if you use a tablet; if you use social media – you can use GiftYa.
So, Boomers: here’s all there is to it:
- Go to the website www.giftya.com, or download the app (apps.apple.com for iPhones, or play.google.com for Android phones). Register your account.
- Go to the list of nationwide restaurants and stores.
- Select the recipient’s favorite restaurant or store.
- Enter the recipient’s phone number, so you can send a text that includes your gift.
- Select the dollar amount of your gift.
- Personalize your gift with a photo, video, and “gift wrap.”
- Create an accompanying text message -- and send!
Your recipient receives your GiftYa as a text message. All he/she has to do “unwrap” it and link it to his/her Visa or Mastercard debit card.
Then, when he/she goes to the store and swipes the card, GiftYa will automatically credit his/her card with the amount of your gift.
So, Baby Boomers:
- GiftYa helps you to do what’s important.
- Using GiftYa is easy, it’s not a big deal.
- What GiftYa does for you – instantly, personally connecting you with people in your life and letting them know you care about them – IS a big deal.
Written by John Glicksman, General Counsel